Thursday, July 29, 2010

TV Sucks!


TV is so bad right now. I am seriously thinking about doing away with my satellite dish. I am wondering about watching TV on my computer! HULU I think is is called. I also see you can get Netflix to your computer too. Everything is a re-run. It really galls me to pay to watch re-runs. My Direct TV runs about $40.00 a month with taxes. I have noticed that most of the programs are geared to kids, or they are old movies. If you want to watch a new movie, then you can rent it at $5.95. It is a "bitch" to put up that dish alone. I have to haul it out, find a level spot to place it, then find the satellite. To find the satellite, you aim it at the south. I go inside, turn TV on to the satellite, and find by signal. I open all the windows on that side of the RV, and go outside to "rotate" the dish until I hear the signal meter. You can tell by listening when you "hit"it. Sometimes it is not hard, sometimes you have to keep coming back inside to check the signal meter on the TV. It will tell you "turn the dish so and so degrees" so, you go back out and turn it again. If I had lots of money, I would have a roof mounted automatic one, but I don't, and, sometimes when parked in the trees, you can't use it anyway. When you aren't moving around it's OK. But if just staying a week or so, it's not worth the effort. When boondocking in the desert you won't get anything without a satellite , but then you won't have electric any way! Then I have to find a place to carry it. I usually fold it down and put it in a bay, but for some reason, I don't think it will fit this time. Guess I have accumulated more junk!

No comments:

Post a Comment