Sunday, July 25, 2010

Broken Promises


If there is anything that puts me in a bad mood is broken promises, even when I am the one making and breaking them. Earlier I had written in my blog, I intended to read my Bible through this year. So I started out trying to read every day. Well that didn't work out so well, so I thought I will read on Sunday! I was so tired from all the work I have been trying to do these last few days, I did not finish, and so it spilled over to Sunday and once again I did not do my reading. I know I should be actually going to Church, for I was taught this is what the Bible says. When I was a little girl, my Mother took me to Church every Sunday for Sunday School, and Church. I met a lot of kids my own age, and learned a lot. I liked it so well, I joined the choir, and went on Sunday night, and Wed. night also.
Raising my own kids, we went to Church every Sunday. I put a roast in the oven and it was about ready when we arrived back home. My husband wasn't a church goer, but we went any way. In his later years he would occasionally go when our youngest insisted. She was in the choir and he couldn't say no to her! Everyone should have a day of rest, weather you choose Saturday or Sunday, whatever religion you follow you need time to pray or meditate. To tell the truth I miss those "family"days of church, visiting with friends, and family. We always had cake, just in case we had company! It puts me in a bad mood when other people don't do what they say they will, but it really irks me when I AM THE ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment