Thursday, June 10, 2010

Trip to Hillsboro

Yesteryday was another drive day. I went to the Wal Mart in Hillsboro. Hillsboro is about 20 miles from my park, just off I 35. It is the closest Wally World to me. So it is a 40 mile round trip to go to the store. We do have some grocery stores here, two, but I had my RX at Wal Mart in Hillsboro, so I had to go anyway. It seems the store wasn't very busy, and I was able to get electric cart. I still can't believe how much fresh veggies have gone up. The lettuce was great at 88 cents, but the bean sprouts looked like they should have been pulled several days ago. I had a sleepless night the night before and watched a PBS program on Diabetes. Seems to reverse Diabetes, you must go vegetarian, so that is why I was looking for fresh veggies. My sugar has been running way to high, then it drops too low. I thought I would try to handle my diet better, adding veggies and getting away from animal products. I already know I won't be able to give up my bologna, I would starve without that! Anyway I am trying to research some recipes with veggies that I like. Being from Texas, I am a beef person.

I also saw on PBS a program on our National Forest, called Discover The Forest I checked out the site, looking for something in Colorado a bit cooler than Texas. My husband and I used to camp there every other year. The kids really had a good time, and it was always the cheapest trip we made. Then we did Texas the next year. Love Big Bend National Park, but that is another story.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter has diabetes, and she is insulin dependant. I think in her case she watches carbs most of all, but eats a pretty balanced diet otherwise, including desserts.

    I love veggies and sometimes cook 3 or 4 for my supper - no meat. I find though, that after a day or two of no meat I get tired easily and lose energy. But I don't have diabetes in my family so I eat just about anything I want - try to watch the fats though.

    ReplyDelete