Sunday, June 27, 2010

No Air Conditioner

On one of the hottest days, my air conditioner stopped. I couldn't imagine why. I looked at the breakers, all was well. I finally opened the windows and vents. Called the Ranger and asked if anyone was there to come look at it for me. He said yes the maintenance man was in the park and he would send him around. After one hour of waiting and no one showed up, I called again. I had been in panic mode. What in the world would I do? Here it was on a Sat. afternoon, 99 outside, no where to go. I would have to drive 20 miles to get to a motel, and then what about my dog? I sure couldn't leave her here in this heat! They do have some cabins here to rent, at $85.00 per night. I don't know if they would accept my dog. I don't think so. I called the mobile repairman that I usually get to come out. Got their voice mail, they weren't going to be around until Monday. Great! I called the Ranger office again, and he said the electric company was on the way out. I told him I had electric, just no air. Then he tells me, it is NOT my air conditioner, but the electric, one leg was out, giving me 120 amps, not enough to run my air. I couldn't believe it, all that time I worried about what to do! Then the Ranger did come by and tell me the electric company was here and would have it fixed shortly. Meanwhile, I lost all electric , went outside to sit, it was pretty cool by then. About 9 pm it was fixed! I was so relieved. Came in and cancelled my repair order, closed all the windows and enjoyed the cool air. I don't know how we ever survived with air. I know I did, I can remember in school how hot it was, the teacher had a big fan blowing. I always sat next to the open windows, dreaming of "going somewhere". I was so stressed out, I slept late this morning. I don't know if I should start making plans to move to an apartment and give up travelling, it is not something I want to do. I know even if I lived in a house, or apartment you could still lose the air, but it wouldn't be my responsibility to repair it. Maybe I should start planning now.

1 comment:

  1. Since I have a lot of family nearby I can't say I'm sorry I moved to an apartment, but I'm getting antsy to move on. I'm not sure if I could find something as suitable next year or the year after, so I will probably just keep paying the rent and try to get some trips in. It's impossible to save any money to travel when your paying rent though, even as reasonable as mine is, it costs more than living in an RV. Good luck, but don't make any hasty moves.

    ReplyDelete