Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Studying

It has really been raining here today. The coast of Texas is already getting dangerous, with high winds, and rising tides. Hurricanes tend to span tornadoes too. The South Padre Island causeway has been closed and if you are there, you can't get out now!
I have been studying the Kindle Reader! I think it is the neatest thing since sliced bread. I must have one! I think it is a great thing for RV rs , you can take it anywhere, load up to 1500 books on it. Download the book to your computer. I can't say enough about it. At my age my vision is not very good, and you can enlarge the print! So, I went to Amazon to do some studying, and guess what! If you have a smart phone, you can download the reader for free, I thought I really wouldn't like "reading" a book on my phone, but, with further research, I found you can download it on your PC, and it is free!! You don't have to buy a Kindle, you can buy your e-books from Amazon. They will be sent to your computer. They cost about $9.99 and up. Some of them are free, they also have magazines, newspapers, and out of print books. I have not downloaded a book to my PC yet. I am using dial up, and it is very slow. So, that will be another story.
I did make it to get my LP today, and one of the rangers was nice enough to put it up in my rig. Then the rain started! Made it just in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment