Thursday, June 17, 2010

That's Done!

Yesterday was another stressful day. My appointment to have my back glass in my truck tinted was at 1:00, I arrived at 12:40. This place is on the main street going thought Cleburne,Tx and just barely enough parking space in front to park my big truck. They took my keys right away. I asked if I was supposed to wait here, pointing to a bench with wooden slats. I was told, sure. I thought oh great, no cushions. I thought I might miss lunch, so before I left home I stuck a breakfast bar in my purse. I was hoping it wouldn't take long, and I could get a late lunch, and do some shopping while I was in town. Well, that wasn't to be. All the fellows that worked there did get a "lunch" break but I didn't. After about an hour, I had to go to the bathroom. This meant meandering though the shop, to get there. My truck sat with all the doors open, looked like the window was done, no one was around. Back to waiting, I began to feel weak, so I ate my breakfast bar, I had brought my water with me too. I have learned through the years, always have water, and a snack with me. Being a diabetic is not easy and other people really don't understand how important eating on time is. They might if I pass out! I don't want that to happen. At about 2:30 my truck was finished. Glory be! I was really getting mad. I paid them and went to get in my truck, well don't you know they had moved my seats, resulting in my CB falling on the floor, why do people do that? I realize the guys probably have longer legs than I do, but why can't they return the seats, and what has the radio station to do with window tinting? As I pulled forward on to the busy street, I realized they had also moved my steering wheel. In the process of trying to adjust it so I could drive, I turned the wrong way on a one way street. Thank God there were no cars coming and I was able to turn right quick, and make the block, getting on the right street. I was so shaken I could barley drive. I just couldn't get over that bad mistake I made. Kept me up most of the night.
Today was spent vacuuming the glass out of the truck, and just general cleaning. I keep a little box with a few tools, gloves, bungee cords, etc. in the back floor board which I replaced, I also carry a step stool, so I can reach the hitch to lock it when I am hooking up. Cleaned up my vacuum cleaner and brought it back in the rig. I was so tired I just left my extension cord out, I hope it is OK for the night.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Boy! What a day!
    I hope the next few days will be better.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete