Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Storms in Texas

Once again we are having some really bad weather in Texas. In Central Texas we got a lot of rain from the tropical storm that hit Brownsville earlier this week. Lot of flooding, some homes damaged, streets flooded. In the Dallas area tornadoes. Some damages there. I really get nervous when bad weather happens. I don't know where I would go for safety. When tornadoes are in the area they say go to your "safe" place. I don't know where that would be. The last time we had severe storms I went up to the rec. room. I was so out of breath from trying to get from the truck to the bldg. I thought I wouldn't make it. We lost electric but I was able to talk to my daughter in Ft.Worth to get weather reports! I don't see that bldg. would be any safer than my rig. There were a lot of campers that came in. It does make one pay attention to the weather! I have a weather alert radio, you almost have to have one in Texas. Makes me want to leave even more!
Needless to say, I did not go out again today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can do my shopping! I am going stir crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment