Saturday, January 22, 2011

Heading West

I had a very cold start this morning. Everything was frozen. I was late leaving the park. I didn't get away until 12:15. I took hwy 174 to Meridan,Tx and then Texas hwy 6, up to I 20. A good road, but a lot of little towns so you don't make good time. Also ran into road work, had to wait in line for about 30 mins. Then we stopped at a nice rest area for lunch and kick the tires. So it took me about four hours to go 150 miles. Not very good time. But, I was really tired, and when I got on I 20 west the head winds were really fierce. I remembered looking at RV parks one year and Baird Motel and RV park was one that gave Good Sam discounts. Well, I whipped in there about 4 pm. They don't give discounts any more! It was $20.00 for full hook ups, including cable. I was just too tired to hook up cable, and the wind was blowing so bad! I didn't unhook from the truck, just hooked up elec. Got my dinner, my electric blanket it waiting for me, and I am soooo ready!!

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes you know you need to stop and rest. I remember when I was touring on my motorcycle in 2005, at least twice I ended up paying over $100 for a room because that was all they had and I was too beat to go further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always a great feeling at the end of a difficult day to just find a secure spot to pull over, sit back, relax & let all that road stress just drain away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always driven too many miles in a day, and many timed ended up pulling into a KOA just because I knew that it would be a decent place to rest, with water & electricity, and sewer if I need to use it. I also like how they usually have a small store and various snack/supper items, and I don't have to cook.

    I don't think $20 was too much to pay if you were tired and needed to stop. Glad you are on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. $20.00 would be a good price even if you did get a discount. Lucky you. I think you did darn good for your first day back at traveling. Hang in there, you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you are moving. Is it getting warmer yet???

    ReplyDelete