Friday, August 13, 2010

Lake Whitney,Texas




I have decided to move my rig to McCown Valley, a Core of Engineers park. I haven't made my reservation yet, but it's in the works. This park is just a few miles from the Thousand Trails Park where I am now. I am really nervous about moving, as I haven't moved in two years. I hope I remember how to do everything. I am going to start Saturday taking the tire pressure, and squirt some WD40 on my slide out rails. I am hoping to move on Monday, August 16. This is a very nice COE park, with trees and right on the water. They do have some pull through sites. I did discover they don't have sewer hookups. I will try to get all my "washing" done before I move. I have boondocked in the desert, so I think I can handle no sewer for a while.
I am very nervous about moving. I just think my Electric bill is way off. I tried to talk to the office manager this morning. She didn't think it was too much, and there has been a 2 cent kilowatt increase. But still a $40 dollar increase in one month? I feel like they are not reading it, just estimating, of course she said no, they read it. Any way it will be a change for me, a trial so to speak. If I can't do it, then I will look for a cheap apartment, or maybe I can trade rigs, to a small motorhome. Seems like I have always got some kind of problem. Guess that means I am still alive!

2 comments:

  1. Of course it will all come back to you, just take your time and check everything 2 or 3 times. You will be fine!

    When I have metered electric in a site the first thing I do is read the meter and write it down. I keep track every few days to see exactly how much I'm using, and read it the day before the end of the period.

    Good luck in your move - looks like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the pictures you posted are from the new location, it looks really nice. We didn't move for a year, and you would be surprised how quickly everything came back to us. Like Gypsy said, check everything a couple of times and you should be good to go. If you have had lots of hot weather, that electic sounds pretty reasonable. Pidge

    ReplyDelete