Friday, August 10, 2012

Lazy??

I have come to the conclusion that I am really Lazy.
Almost all the blogs I read say they get up early, I just can't seem to haul my butt out of bed at 5:30 am to do anything! Most nights I don't sleep well, and early morning is when I really get to sleep. My usual hour to rise, is about nine. I could never understand why people who travel and don't have a job to get to would start out so early. You know every fool on the road is trying to beat everyone else to ??? My husband and I used to travel with another couple every now and then. They wanted to hit the road at 4:30 am drive , stop for a restaurant breakfast, then drive, drive. About noon, they were tired, and found a rest area and took a nap. My husband and I like to have our morning coffee, and breakfast, do our "job". Then get on the road about 9:00 am. By then most of the "nuts" were at work and the road wasn't so busy. We would pass our friends at a rest stop fast asleep. We always had a place to meet up to go into the RV park of our choice. We almost always got there first, and they wondered how we did it! My husband worked the late shift for years, so I guess we sorta got used to those sleep habits, and years later I still do things that way. 

When I have to I do set my alarm clock and get up early. Still have my coffee, breakfast and take my handful of meds. Then when I feel good I am ready to face the day. 

My move to the Thousand Trails park is not going very fast. Still have a lot to "stow" before I can move this rig. I do hope it will be cooler over there in the trees, and the "skeeters" don't get me!

3 comments:

  1. I think you should do whatever suits you. I always thought when I didn't have to walk a dog early in the morning I would sleep in until 10 am. I still am up by 7:30 or earlier, even when I stay up later in the evening. I think eating healthy has given me more energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always had a "biological clock" wake-up time at 9:00, even when I was in my 20's. To get up at 6:30 to go to work I had to set 2 alarms. I CAN get up early if I have to but I do not like to drive early because I will fall asleep at the wheel.
    By the way, the Thousand Trails of Texas group will be at Lake Whitney for their rally Sept. 6 - 9. I will probably be there Sept. 3 - 13 so let's get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, I always miss your group! I think I am supposed to be out on the 28 of Aug. BUT< I will be just next door, so I will try to drive over and see you. I picked a bad week end to be moving around.

    ReplyDelete