Sunday, August 19, 2012

Amazon??

Forgot to mention Amazon. I have really been enjoying my Kindle reader and getting free books from Amazon. Me and My Dog sent a link to me to sign up for FREE books. I really have been getting some great books, including cook books. I don't have WiFi here at this park, so I have to send it to my PC then transfer by USB cable to my Kindle. That shouldn't make any difference. I am going to leave the cookbooks on the PC and just transfer the books to Kindle. So, NOW, Amazon is charging me for the last two books I downloaded. I have contacted them, we will see how they respond. I have bought a few books also, and was thinking about looking for some new flashlights. I need to replace all of my old ones. I would like to have at least one lantern type, any comments?

2 comments:

  1. I also use my Kindle -- even tho I really prefer a REAL book that I can hold and feel and smell! I order free books thru BookBub (they come from Amazon) -- they just stay 'suspended out there in cyberspace until I get to town to get free wifi at McDonalds or somewhere. That way I don't have to pay a 'transfer' fee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to be careful with the free Amazon books, sometimes the price changes before you purchase it. Also if it says you can "borrow" the book for free, you can only do this from the Kindle, you can not borrow a book from Amazon using your computer.

    ReplyDelete