Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day


Today is Memorial Day, it has made me think about the servicemen in my family. I am proud of their service! I am sure there were some that served in the Revolutionary War, but this ancestor came to mind. He was born in Alabama, and was a Texas Ranger before the War Between the States. He was a member of the Spy Co.Waul's Co. CSA.
He served in Mc McCullough's 1 st Texas Calvary, Company B, unit 1.
My uncles served in WWII, one in the Army, one in the Navy. They came home unharmed.
I do think people have began to think Memorial Day as a day off work, or a day to Play! They forget what it is really about! I also think it should be celebrated on just one day, and not have so many "programs" all week end. I think doing that takes away from the real thing. I did enjoy PBS great program on TV last night. So guess I can't gripe too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment