Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cold day

It was a chilly 54 degrees this morning. So, I turned on the Fireplace for the first time. I'm not sure I have it set right, but it does give a little heat and a beautiful glow. I don't think it will keep me warm if the temps drop to freezing! It is pretty, and romantic. 
Yesterday was a busy day for me. Thanks to my neighbor Bob, I got LP. He saw me trying to take my tank off and came over to help. So nice to have someone help you without having to ask! He put the tank back on when I returned from the LP place. After a short rest I went to the Dollar store to get dog food, and then to the little grocery store here that has a by the case sale about once a year. Bought a case of my favorite Tamales and some other good buys. Reese potato salad and cole slaw. The absoult best cole slaw I have ever bought! Didn't know they made it, I will be getting more of that. Was so tired by then all I did was watch TV. 
Today is the Oktoberfest in downtown Whitney, but I was just too cold to go. Looked like it would be another good one, street dance tonight and many vendors. 

5 comments:

  1. The fireplace should provide you with some warmth, although it probably wouldn't heat your entire rig. You might want to get someone to check the setting it's on, or you can experiment with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't keep the downstairs warm enough for me. I ran the furnace a little this am. and now it seems to be OK.

      Delete
  2. Nice fire place - is it built in or free standing? I'm still up here in Iowa and woke to temps in the 20s - never got above 45 degrees to day so your fire place really looks cozy to me!!!
    Don't you just love it when people offer help without having to ask -- that is what I like about the park I stay in during the winter in Rockport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is built in. I think it should have had a blower on it! I turned the furnace on this am as it is 45! Does it get that cold in Rockport? Was thinking maybe for this winter.

      Delete
  3. It has been below freezing a few nites over the years I've been going down there -- cold enough they cut the water off at the park to keep the lines from freezing, but maybe one nite a year and then by noon you are in a sweater!

    ReplyDelete