Monday, May 21, 2012

Dog Tired

My doctor visit was OK, but I have certainly been slowed down. Maybe it is just "old age". I just don't have the energy I used to have. Work hard one day, take two days to "rest". My packing is going very slow. I am trying to take pictures and post things I want to sell on Craigslist. It is a slow process. e-Bay also has classified ads for free, so I then post on there. Meanwhile, I am trying to go through old papers, magazines etc. Of course that means time to read and make sure you are not discarding something you may need. Since I do genealogy, I ran across some files I just had to keep! 
On that subject, what do you do with all that research? My friend has birth certificates for her grandparents and no one wants them. Do you just burn all that research? I only have one daughter now, and she already has a copy of our ancestors and their history. I did find an article today on one of my relatives that served in the American Revolution. I could apply for DAR, but why bother now at my age?
Meanwhile, my daughter is caring for my rig. Wiping down the cabinets, and putting paper in them. So-- when I do get there , they are ready for me to fill with my junk. This rig is a lot smaller than my Big Sky, so I am really having to purge!
Well, back to work.

1 comment:

  1. I had tons on genealogical records when I sold my house in 2008. I gave a lot of it to my brother who also does genealogy, although I don't know what he will do with it as he gets older. The rest I kept in storage - I couldn't bring myself to burn or throw away documentation, but someone else will eventually.

    ReplyDelete