Saturday, April 24, 2010

THE STORMS MISSED ME! SORTA


We had storms across Central Texas last night. I kept watching the storms/tornado watch on TV and they looked like they were about 30 miles south of me around the Waco area. The weather man warned of winds up to 70 mile per hour with soft ball size hale. I think everyone should have a Midland Weather Radio, especially RV'rs. I have one but had turned it off because it drives me nuts with the loud alarms. I knew by the TV that the weather was not coming thru Whitney. We did get rain and what sounded like hale. Some wind, and I worried about my back glass falling out. What I didn't expect was my roof leak right on the foot of my bed! I had worked so hard cleaning the bedroom, washing my sheets. My bed is so hard to make up. Nice clean sheets felt soo good. So in the middle of the night, I am up trying to stop the water coming in from around my TV antenna! Finally put a rag around it with a rubber band to hold it. Maybe at least it won't drip on my bed until I can find someone to caulk around it. I cannot get on the roof, it is a simple job, finding someone to do it is the problem! TV showing towns about 40 mils east of me really got hit hard. So guess I am lucky after all. The storms seem to follow I35 north, I am a little west, so they missed me. Thank goodness. Another reason to get out of Texas!

1 comment: