Monday, November 7, 2011

Bread Machine

It's time to get the bread machine out. I have had a bread machine for years. It started one time when my hubby and I were in Las Vegas. In those days there weren't as many stores and bread was very expensive. I decided I would not pay over $3.00 for a loaf of bread! We were planning on retirement and would spend a good deal of time in Las Vegas. When we got home I did buy one, and made bread often for many years. When I moved from my house to go full time, my bread machine was sold. After a few years of full time , solo, in my fifth wheel I bought a Sunbeam bread machine at Wal Mart for about $54.00. It is a little different from my old one but make good bread, and most of all easy to use. I think it is a great thing to have in an RV. You can put together a loaf of bread and time it to come on during the night, and be ready in the am in time for breakfast! So many great receipts, I like the ones that have raisins, or dates. I love dates. When I moved to my apartment I tossed all my bread making "stuff". Now, gradually I have bought new bread flour, and other ingredients. So in the morning, just as our cold front comes in I will start my bread! Yum. 
I tried to groom Kandi today. She did not corporate at all. I made one or two passes with the clippers, and she jumped down and hid under the bed. Well, I will get her tomorrow. I have been taking her to the groomer here in Cleburne, and I like the way she looks when she comes home. I thought we were having rain and I just didn't want to get out. We had no rain until around eight or so, and not much then. I did see where Oklahoma was having Tornadoes, and Earthquakes! I would hate to be in an RV in the path of a big tornado. In Texas we seem to have tornadoes all year long. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the smell of bread baking, and with the bread machine its easy to experiment and add things.

    ReplyDelete