Monday, January 2, 2012

Missed Christmas

I missed Christmas altogether. I made a trip to Wal Mart and stocked up for the coming Christmas week end and my Dinner with my kids. By Thursday night I was really sick. Thought I could shake it off,but not to be. By Friday, I was really sick, bed fast. I think I should have gone to the hospital, but I was not able to drive and did not want to expose anyone to my germs! The flu bug got me I am sure. I had a flu shot in Oct. but this must be a "new" strain. I was so sick, all I could do was lie in bed and moan. My faithful dog, Kandi, was a good nurse. She laid right beside me against my back. Just like my own personal hot water bottle! Guess she knew her Momma was sick. I had baked some chicken breast, and had noodles, so all I had to do was grab something out of the fridge. Really couldn't eat anyway. I tried to keep a close eye on my sugar, make sure it didn't drop too low. Gave up on taking my new meds. will just start over again. My daughter came Christmas day and brought my gift, and cleaned my kitchen. I only managed to stay up about an hour that day. I did lose 6 1/2 lbs. Now I am feeling better, staying up for most of the day. I do regret not getting to see my grandson and grand daughters. 
Santa was good to Kandi, he brought her a new ball, and squeaky toy. She has been a very good girl all year. She loves her ball most of all but brought her "dead rat" looking thing to bed with us. Sorta un-nerving to wake up with a dead "rat" staring back at you. But she is such a good girl, I don't mind sharing my bed with her toys and chew bones!
I hope every one had a good Christmas and the coming year will be fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. It's hard when we miss the time with our family, hope you are doing better and can get together with your family sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete