Sunday, October 30, 2011

Moving forward

Seems like time drags by some time, and some time it just flies! Some years ago my mother left me a house, letting my step dad live in it until he remarried or not longer could live there alone. Well he is in a nursing home and it seem has been there for several months. I was just notified it was now up to me to "do something" with the house. My step brothers had been managing things, now, my turn. So I put it up for sale. It is almost two acres, and the house, from the out side looks good, but, needs a  lot of work. Work I am not able to do, and I sure can't keep up that much yard. It is a shame to see it go. It has a large Oak tree in the front that must be over 100 years old. It is so big. Pecan trees too. Had I been younger or in better shape I might have tackled the job. Not now. The house is full of "stuff" from my Aunt, and my Mother and twenty eight years of collecting. So, I am having an Estate sale. I have hired a lady to run it for me. She has a crew that comes, with their tables, cleans and prices and set everything up. She does all the advertising, and the clean up afterward. I hope this will go fast. The weather is getting colder, and wet. I don't want to have to pay utilities very long! So, that is one thing that has been keeping me busy. I have doctor appointments scheduled for this month too. I am having trouble with my eyesight and guess sometime in the not too distant future I will have cataract surgery. Although the doctor says I have a lot of damage from diabetes. 
My computer was down for a few days, so I got behind in reading the blogs. I had to restart it from a previous date. Now, everything seems to be OK. So, it goes, and goes :)


Show all
ays I have a lot of damage from diabetes.  My computer was down for a few days and I got behind on reading the blogs. Had to re-start it from a previous date to get going again. So, it goes

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you have to see the house go, but you are right, that much land isn't for a woman alone. I still cherish the time I lived in North Carolina, and the house I lived in.

    Cataract surgery is pretty much perfected now, so don't worry about it, although with diabetes everything is more serious.

    ReplyDelete