Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Mother

All day today I have been feeling sad. It is a beautiful day, sunny and nice. It finally dawned on me why I felt so sad. It was this day ten years ago I lost my precious Mother. I still miss her so much, and after all these years, with I could talk to her. We were very close. My Mother and Dad divorced when I was nine years old. We moved in with my grandfather and two uncles. Things were quite different. Seems I had no Dad, but then I had three! For years it was jut my Mother and me. I was always included with her friends. Later when I started dating, it wasn't unusual for her to go with me on my dates. I was always jealous, my date seemed to like her better than me! She would try to roller skate, tried to learn to ride a bike. She did ride a motorcycle with my husband, even I wouldn't do that! I discussed everything with my Mother. Some girls I worked with was so amazed that I told my Mother "stuff". She stuck by me when my youngest daughter died, I couldn't have made it without her. Then just six months later lost my husband. I think without her I would be a total idiot. She was a strong Christian, and taught me to be. She always encouraged me to keep on trying, I could do anything I set my head and heart to do. Always encouraged me to keep on learning new things. If I was wrong, she sure let me know it! I thank God everyday for giving me such a wonderful Mother. I miss her so!

No comments:

Post a Comment