Monday, February 18, 2013

Hanging in there

It's really been a ruff time lately. Seem I can't take the potassium. Really did a number on my stomach. My daughter took me to the doctor, using my walker! Had more blood work done, and he took me off the potassium, gave me an RX for my tummy, and with in a couple days its much better. 
I can not eat some of the veggies I love because the blood thinner doesn't agree with them. Now, I need a diet high in Potassium, and how to get my vitamins by eating properly. In other words, I need a dietitian.Can't take my one a day vitamins because they contain Vitamin K. My doctor is sending me to a Neurologist.
It's pretty hard not to get depressed.  On top of every thing else, I think I am losing my vision!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you're still hanging in there.
    I was getting worried. I do hope things start looking up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it isn't one thing, it's another. What blood thinner are you on? I take a generic form of plavix and haven't had too much trouble - I can eat all the veggies I love, and also eat a banana every day for the Potassium, which can be dangerous in pill form. I don't think any of us can avoid some vision changes as we age, and it sure is disheartening. I am glad you are hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take Warfarin ,generic for Coumadin ,many of the green veggies I love, I can't eat anymore.

      Delete